Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia:
Lavender, a popular oil since ancient times, is often considered a must-have oil to keep on hand at all times due to its versatile use and myriad of benefits, which include calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of anxiety and tension. Lavender oil also has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and antimicrobial benefits.
Benefits & Use:
- Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to improve appearance of skin or soothe skin irritations.
- Add to bath water, to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to relax and prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Combine Lavender oil with water in a spray bottle to freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in adiffuser of your choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
- Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Aromatic Description: Powdery, floral, light
- Collection Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Flower
- Main Constituents: Linalool, linalyl acetate