Botanical Name: Trachyspermum ammi
Ajwain, also known as carom seeds or bishop's weed, is a herb that is commonly used in Indian cuisine and traditional medicine. The seeds of the plant are used for their many health benefits.
- Boosts digestion and strengthens the stomach – Increases the gastric juices and improves absorption of nutrients. Relieves indigestion, acidity, and heartburn
- Eliminates mucus and aids respiration – Expectorant properties clears up congestion and respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis
- Anesthetic and anti-inflammatory – Soothes swelling. Relieves pain like arthritis, ear aches, and tooth aches
- Cleans wounds – Great for treating cuts and infections
- Menstrual Health: Ajwain can help to relieve menstrual cramps and regulate menstrual cycles. It can also help to reduce other symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), such as bloating and mood swings.
- Prevents premature gray hair
- Skin health – Cleanses the skin. Helps treat acne and scars
How to Use:
Diffuse – 3-4 drops in a diffuser of your choice. Surround yourself with the powerful fragrance.
As a Topical – Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. Apply 1-2 drops on hand, or desired area, to reduces joint and muscular pain, swelling and stiffness.
Use one or two drops of the oil mixed with your regular skin care cream or lotion as a treatment for a variety of skin diseases and disorders.
Add to bath water to soak away stress and muscle tension.
Apply 2 to 3 drops in to vaporizer, inhale steam for its healing benefits.
Use a drop of the oil on chakras or acupressure points.
Ajwain should be used in moderation, as excessive consumption can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and headache. Pregnant women should avoid using ajwain, as it may cause uterine contractions.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.