Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
Basil is an herb that is native to Asia and is widely used in cooking around the world. The leaves and essential oil of the plant are used for their many health benefits. Basil has been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
- Anti-inflammatory – Helps reduce inflammation, Itching. can also be used to heal from bruises, injuries, scars, headaches, post-surgery wounds, sprains etc.
- Antimicrobial – Purifies the air quality and surfaces in the house by diffusing the oil or by spraying it on using a spray bottle.
- Digestive health - Basil can help to relieve digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and constipation. It can also help to stimulate the production of digestive enzymes and improve the absorption of nutrients.
- Muscle relaxant – Helps cure from fatigue, aching muscles, sore muscle, or muscle pains, a regular massage using Basil oil cam do wonders to help you recover.
- Respiratory health - Basil can help to improve respiratory health by clearing the nasal passages and promoting the flow of mucus.
- Stimulant – Brings Clarity, Focus, and Awareness. Help ease discomforts from stress, migraines, nervous tension, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and mental strain.
How to Use:
- Diffuse - 3-4 drops in a diffuser of your choice. Surround yourself with the powerful fragrance.
- As a topical - Dilute with carrier oil like coconut, in an 1 to 4 ratio. Once mixed, apply it directly on the skin using your palms or fingers. Apply 1-2 drops on hand, or desired area, to reduces joint and muscular pain, swelling and stiffness. Can also be dabbed on your back, wrists, and chest.
- Add a few drops to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- As a spray - Combine a few drops of Basil oil with water, in a spray bottle, to freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, surfaces or the air.
- Aromatic Description – Warm, Spicy, Herbal
- Collection Method – Steam Distillation
- Plant Part – Leaf
- Main Constituents – Fenchol, Eugenol, Methyl chavicol, Beta-Caryophyllene, Linalool
- Possible skin sensitivity
- Keep out of reach of children
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.