Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
Patchouli is a fragrant herb that is native to tropical regions of Asia. It is now widely cultivated around the world for its many health benefits and is especially popular in aromatherapy. The essential oil of patchouli is extracted from the leaves of the Pogostemon cablin plant and has a distinct musky, earthy aroma.
Stress relief: Patchouli oil has a calming and grounding effect that can help to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
Skin health: Patchouli oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit the skin by reducing inflammation, preventing acne, and promoting overall skin health.
Aphrodisiac: Patchouli oil has a reputation as an aphrodisiac and is often used in perfumes and colognes for its sensual and musky aroma.
Insect repellent: Patchouli oil has insecticidal properties that can help to repel insects and other pests.
Wound healing: Patchouli oil can be used as a natural remedy for minor cuts and scrapes, as it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can help to promote wound healing.
Respiratory health: Patchouli oil has expectorant properties that can help to clear congestion and phlegm from the respiratory tract, making it useful for conditions such as coughs, colds, and bronchitis.
How to Use:
- Aromatic: Diffuse 2-3 drops in a diffuser of your choice. Benefit yourself with the powerful Aroma.
- Vaporize: Add a 3-5 of the essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam for five to 15 minutes.
- As a topical: Dilute 2- 3 drops with carrier oil like coconut, once mixed, apply it directly on the skin using your palms or fingers. Mix a couple of drops of this oil with a carrier oil and massage gently onto the chest to promote respiratory health.
- Possible skin sensitivity. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.