Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Peppermint is a hybrid plant that is a cross between spearmint and watermint. It is native to Europe but is now widely cultivated around the world for its many health benefits and culinary uses. The essential oil of peppermint is extracted from the leaves of the Mentha piperita plant and is a popular natural remedy for a range of health conditions.
Digestive health: Peppermint has digestive properties that can help to soothe an upset stomach, relieve bloating and gas, and stimulate the production of digestive juices and enzymes.
Respiratory health: Peppermint has expectorant properties that can help to clear congestion and phlegm from the respiratory tract, making it useful for conditions such as coughs, colds, and bronchitis.
Headache relief: Peppermint oil has been shown to be effective in relieving headaches and migraines when applied topically or inhaled.
Muscle and joint pain relief: Peppermint oil has analgesic properties that can help to provide relief from muscle and joint pain.
Mental clarity and focus: Peppermint oil has a refreshing and invigorating aroma that can help to improve mental clarity and focus.
Oral health: Peppermint has antimicrobial properties that can help to fight off bacteria and improve oral health. It can be used as a natural remedy for bad breath, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
How to Use:
- Aromatic: Diffuse 2-3 drops in a diffuser of your choice. Benefit yourself with the powerful Aroma.
- Vaporize: Add a 3-5 of the essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam for five to 15 minutes.
- As a topical: Dilute 2- 3 drops with carrier oil like coconut, once mixed, apply it directly on the skin using your palms or fingers. Mix a couple of drops of this oil with a carrier oil and massage gently onto the chest to promote respiratory health.
- Possible skin sensitivity. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.