Botanical Name: Mentha Spicata
Spearmint is a fragrant herb that belongs to the mint family. It is native to the Mediterranean region but is now widely cultivated around the world for its many health benefits and culinary uses. The essential oil of spearmint is extracted from the leaves of the Mentha spicata plant and is a popular natural remedy for a range of health conditions.
Digestive health: Spearmint has digestive properties that can help to soothe an upset stomach, relieve bloating and gas, and stimulate the production of digestive juices and enzymes.
Respiratory health: Spearmint has expectorant properties that can help to clear congestion and phlegm from the respiratory tract, making it useful for conditions such as coughs, colds, and bronchitis.
Anti-inflammatory: Spearmint contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, making it a useful natural remedy for conditions such as arthritis, joint pain, and other inflammatory conditions.
Relaxation and stress relief: Spearmint has a relaxing and calming effect on the body and mind, making it useful for reducing stress, anxiety, and tension.
Oral health: Spearmint has antimicrobial properties that can help to fight off bacteria and improve oral health. It can be used as a natural remedy for bad breath, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
Skin health: Spearmint oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit the skin by reducing inflammation, preventing acne, and promoting overall skin health.
- Aromatic Description - Strong, minty, and fresh.
- Collection Method - Steam Distillation
- Plant Part - Leaves.
- Main Constituents - Carvone (45-80%), Limonene (10-30%), Cis-Dihydrocarvone (1-8%)
How to Use:
- Aromatic: Diffuse 2-3 drops in a diffuser of your choice. Benefit yourself with the powerful Aroma.
- Vaporize: Add a 3-5 of the essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam for five to 15 minutes.
- As a topical: Dilute 2- 3 drops with carrier oil like coconut, once mixed, apply it directly on the skin using your palms or fingers. Mix a couple of drops of this oil with a carrier oil and massage gently onto the chest to promote respiratory health.
- Possible skin sensitivity. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.