Botanical Name: Thymus Vulgaris
Thyme is an aromatic herb commonly used in cooking, but it also has a range of health benefits. The Thymus Vulgaris plant is native to the Mediterranean region and has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. Thyme contains several compounds that have antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a useful natural remedy for many ailments.
Respiratory health: Thyme is known for its ability to support respiratory health. It has expectorant properties that can help to clear mucus and congestion from the lungs, making it a useful natural remedy for conditions such as coughs, bronchitis, and asthma.
Antimicrobial: Thyme contains compounds that have antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can help to fight off infections and support the immune system.
Digestive health: Thyme has digestive properties that can help to stimulate the production of digestive juices and enzymes, making it useful for digestive disorders such as indigestion, bloating, and gas.
Anti-inflammatory: Thyme contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, making it a useful natural remedy for conditions such as arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Skin health: Thyme has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit the skin by reducing inflammation, preventing acne, and improving overall skin health.
Cognitive function: Thyme may also have cognitive benefits. It contains compounds that have been shown to improve memory and concentration, making it a useful natural remedy for cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer's disease.
How to Use:
- Aromatic: Diffuse 2-3 drops in a diffuser of your choice. Benefit yourself with the powerful Aroma.
- Vaporize: Add a 3-5 of the essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam for five to 15 minutes.
- As a topical: Dilute 2- 3 drops with carrier oil like coconut, once mixed, apply it directly on the skin using your palms or fingers. Mix a couple of drops of this oil with a carrier oil and massage gently onto the chest to promote respiratory health.
- Possible skin sensitivity. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.